Rafn is calling out to individuals, companies and Environmental Organizations to support him.
“All small contributions are highly appreciated (many small rivers makes one big) – the time is ticking and we are running out of time”.
I fear that future generations will judge us harshly for our failure
to place proper value on the Icelandic nature and wilderness.
As a native photographer I feel responsible to leave all I can behind
to show how it looked like, with my photography, before it’s too late.
- Iceland is very sensitive due to short summers and long winters, so it takes the vegetation long time to heal.
- Sorry to say that we have long past the tourists tolerance limits. We are only 300.000 people living here but we got over 2.400.000 tourists the year 2017. That is eight times more than population of Iceland and it is increasing.
- Iceland is changing rapidly fast due to the climate changes and the Glaciers are melting down faster than ever.
- Big industry companies are settling down because of the low electrical cost with their air, landscape and visual pollution.
- Geothermal Power plants are therefore seeking to drill in new vulnerable places and spoil our untouched natural pearls.
- Hydraulic Power Plants are doing the same and sinking whole walleyes
- These are just few things happening in Iceland right now
Why the appeal for Support now?
“I’m doing this to secure my financing and be able to jump out when the light is right where ever it is in Iceland. I’m asking for your support so I can Document Iceland while it’s still relatively untouched for our future generation to preserve”.
Get to know Rafn
- Get the freedom to carry on documenting the Raw nature of Iceland without having financing problems
- To be able to run out when the light is right where ever it is in Iceland.
- To document our beautiful island for the future generation